esmaspäev, 11. juuli 2016

PUMPS 2016 - First day

PUMPS (Programming and Tuning Massively Parallel Systems) summer school is the first big stop on my journey. It is a five day intensive course where the basics of CUDA programming are teached. As I have not done any programming on CUDA cards I feel it is a necessary step in making my life easier for my encoding cluster implementation.
On the first day there where three lectures and one practical session that among other things covered scatter parallelization and gather parallelization.
First day lecture slides:

In the practical session scatter parallelization and gather parallelization had to be implemented in CUDA code. For this there was a online browser based environment that automatically checked the coding result. This environment is going to be used throughout the course.

Wen-mei Hwu giving a lecture

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar